Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Overdue Baby Update!

Alright, June 29th was the baby's due date and my birthday. I had a prenatal appointment yesterday with my midwife and she told me I was still about 70% effaced and had reached 3-4 cm dilated. So there has been some improvement. She also set an induction date for the baby...it's TOMORROW! (July 2nd) So, today I'm going to try to walk this baby out but if he doesn't get here in time, I am supposed to be at the hospital at 8am tomorrow morning to get induced! Devin and I are so excited, he didn't sleep well last night. He's been so distracted at work always waiting for me to call him if I go into labor. I can't believe tomorrow we are going to be parents!
My birthday:
I had quite the awesome birthday weekend. On Friday we went to Johnny Rocket's with my family. On Saturday we saw Transformers with Devin's family. And on Sunday we got both families together for lunch and cake. Devin sure did spoil me this year! In addition to the cute cake Devin's mom had for me, Devin went to the Cheesecake Factory and got me a whole fresh strawberry cheesecake. So when they sang "Happy Birthday" to me I got to blow out candles on 2 cakes! He also surprised me with my a cute pink tennis racket and some tennis balls, plus an ipod shuffle with a itunes giftcard, the movie "Baby Mama", and some shopping money. Thanks to everyone who made this birthday so special and fun!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Good Luck! If you do get induced, ask for the epidural before you get lots of pitocin. That stuff is killer! It cranks up your contractions to be much stronger than regular labor contractions. We're so excited for you!!

Lindsay Rondo said...

9 months and adorable! Sounds like you had a great birthday and I can't wait to see the little baby!

Erin said...

ugh. girst ones are always late! you still look gorgeous though! happy birthday, sounds like it was a blast!

Carrie & Patrick said...

yikes shira... he wants out!