Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Only 5 More Days!!!

Alright, the countdown continues! I had another prenatal appointment with my midwife yesterday and (after a painful examine) she determined I was dilated to 2 cm and about 70% effaced. She said that the baby wasn't very low and was worried that because I'm so narrow that I'd probably end up getting induced. (If you know me, my hips are anything but narrow so I don't really understand.) She is planning to have my induction date around July 5th so I need to get this baby out before then! I went on a long walk today but I still haven't had any contractions. I've had braxton hicks contractions where I can feel my stomach tightening, but no painful contractions. Is this baby ever going to come? Right now I'm sitting on a birthing ball, hopefully it's doing something helpful. Did I mention I weigh in at 133 pounds? Yes, I thought my weight had hit a plateau at 129, but last week I had gained 4 pounds! I'm still feeling great though. I'm definitely ready to not be pregnant anymore though. I'm over all this extra weight!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh it's getting so close! Try massaging the pressure points on your feet and your hands. I did every "trick" in the book along with the brisk 2.5 mile walk and I went the next day! But then again, other people say it didn't work for them. I wouldn't worry though, everything will work out fine. Good luck!!

Wendy and Neal said...

Holy cow, it's gonna happen so soon! Can't wait to hear all about it. We're super excited for you guys! Good luck with trickin him to come sooner than later!

Amy Rex said...

Jump backwards 6 times as the sun sets while chanting strange words or maybe chant while dancing around a bon fire.

Erin said...

I took a 4 mile walk and the next morning I was in labor..so just keep doing the birth ball and walking everyday! But who knows what works and what just is coincidence! The days will fly by fast!

Kate said...

good luck girl! can't wait to see him

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

You are already such a good mom. You are doing a good job cooking that baby. After I gave birth I was thinking one day about how it really is easier to feed and sleep your baby in the womb. But it is so hard cause you want to see them so bad. Sometimes I wish I could put them back in for a day and catch up on some rest. But I looked into it and apparently you cant.