Friday, July 17, 2009

2 Weeks Old!

First bath!
Great Grandma Beth



His cord finally fell off! Gotta love that belly!
Yesterday Colton turned 2 weeks old! His umbilical cord fell off yesterday as well, so today I gave him another bath and didn't have to stress about getting that thing wet. Colton seems to have put on some weight in the last couple weeks. I'm learning how to prioritize my time with a baby that has his own schedule. I eat and do everything when he lets me, it's definitely something new! I wonder how people survive when they already have kids and add a baby to the mix! He is so funny and every once in a while he smiles (yes, I know, it's apparently just gas) and it's the most adorable thing in the world. I've gotten to sleep pretty well because I make sure to sleep when he sleeps. He is so fun to cuddle and kiss all day long. He is a well behaved baby that cries for the basics. We love Colton so much and we are really enjoying being parents! I've recovered fairly well thus far. I'm still tender but I've been able to go on walks with the baby. Life is good!

5 comments:

Meg said...

I know I say this every time, but he is just so adorable! I can't stand it. I just want to hold him and kiss him! I hope to meet him soon. Thanks for the pictures, he has definitely changed! I love the last pic of his cute little belly!

Jamie said...

I'm sure you've heard this many times but... Enjoy this time as much as you can because the time goes by way too quickly. It seems like just yesterday we brought our little girl home and somehow 2 months have gone by.

Those first few smiles are wonderful even if its because of gas right now. :)

Stephanie said...

he is so so cute! congrats you guys!!!

Erin said...

i cant believe he is already 2 weeks! where does time go. I wonder the same thing aboutpeople haivng a newborn and other kids...i don't look forward to that, then you def. will never get to catch up on your sleep every again in life!

lindsey said...

I love the new pics! He is so perfect! You make such a cute mommy Shira.

Isn't bath time so fun? They always smell so yummy and feel so soft and snugly. Many many more to come:)