Thursday, June 11, 2009

Belly Shot + Baby Update







On Saturday we went with Devin's family to see his sister Kiki's choir concert at UCLA. Before the concert we all met up with Uncle Chris and Anna and enjoyed dinner at California Pizza Kitchen.
Baby Update:
I am in my 38th week of the pregnancy. Today I went in for a check up with my midwife and she told me I was dilated to 1/2 cm and 80% effaced. She estimated that the baby was about 6 lbs. The baby is in the head down position. (Which means I have to urninate everytime I stand up.) Besides that I haven't had any other signs of labor. I have been so thirsty + starving and feel like I eat every 10 minutes! The odd thing is, my weight hit a plateau a few weeks ago and I weighed in today at 129 lbs. Last week I weighed 130 lbs at my appointment but my doctor told me the baby is growing because my belly measurements have increased. I feel great! I haven't been sleeping as well the past few nights and my hips get a little sore from sleeping on my sides. The belly is definitely not comfortable and the baby jabbing me has been a little painful, I think he's bored and wants to come out. Just to remind everyone the due date is June 29th. (Which is on my birthday.) Devin has been a great husband and helps me relax when I get anxious about the baby coming. I just want everything to be perfect for when he comes and I've gotten almost everything bought and organized. I'm so excited for him to get here, it just doesn't feel real yet! We still haven't picked a name yet. We need to hurry up though!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Shira, you look so cute and beautiful! And you still weigh less than me even at your max in pregnancy :) I'm excited for you guys! Tell Devin hello for me.

m + m + a said...

Oh my gosh your belly is HUGE! haha I LOVE it! You are so lucky that you are progressing along... he is going to be here any day! EEK! I am so excited!

Stephanie Vogel said...

Hey!! 38th week!? Sounds like me when I went into labor, she checked me AND then at midnight I started having contractions! It really could happen at anytime. Levi feels pretty special Lydia was born on his birthday. Shira, once that baby is born your body is going to feel SOOOOO good! I was sore from labor, but nothing like being on your tummy and back again! Good luck! I'm excited for you!

Mike and Katie said...

o my word shira...is that a balloon? maybe my belly will get that big someday, but i would have to eat a lot cause this is mike and i cant get a kid in my tummy

Erin said...

2 more weeks! hurray! you look so dang adorable and your belly is so perfectly round! almost there, this time will go by soooo fast!

lindsey said...

You look so great Shira. Cant wait to see the lil babe!

getting close! good luck!

Meg said...

Lookin' good Shira lita! I wish I could rub your belly!