Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Spartan Man!





With the water being flat and no surf on the North Shore, Devin has a new hobby....spear fishing. Yesterday he went spear fishing and got 4 fish! He is such a Spartan man! I love that my manly tough husband hunts for our dinner! We had a fun Saturday with our friends. We hung out at the beach and then grilled the fish Devin caught for dinner at Meg & Corbin's house. We ate the biggest of the fish he caught and it fed all 4 of us. Today our church changed from starting at 2 pm to starting now at 8 am. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be, but I missed sleeping in! For dinner tonight we are going to eat the 3 remaining fish at the Holton's house. Kaitlin is using a marinade she learned in Fiji. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

Shira, your suit is so cute! I love pink and yellow together. I am so proud of Devin. I am amazed he touches the fish.....eew!

Nancy said...

Your husband is such a cool guy. I've really enjoyed the chance I've had to get to know both you and Devin, and I've appreciated it very much. He's certainly a good man, and he's been a great friend. I've found a great deal of joy being in class with him the last 3 semesters. I look forward to the 4th.

You guy's are awesome...and Devin is indeed, a SPARTAN MAN!

Cheers.

Anna K. said...

Fish! I think I could learn to like the taste more if I ate it more often...It's so cool that Devin can hunt and find food for the family!

Taylor H. said...

We are doing GREAT! Nauvoo was so great! I recommend you go back now that you're older. We are returning to California the 2nd week of October. It seems like forever away!!!! I can't wait to see you guys! you're coming in december, right?

Anonymous said...

Dude and dudette Dickson. The Rex effect is a comin. I am seriously counting down the time. 6 weeks and it is on like donkey kong. 6 weeks to go until departure! EEEEEeee!

Love you!!!