Sunday, July 20, 2008

What's Cooking?





This past week has been a ton of fun having my little brother Tanner visiting us. We've taken him surfing, snorkeling, hiking, gone to the beach, and done some spear fishing. The day we went spear fishing I stayed on the beach to finish reading "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. I also took pictures of all the turtles hanging around. Devin caught a fish called nui nui. I don't know if that how it's spelled, but our neighbor from Fiji said that's what it's called. We cooked it up with some lemon pepper and it was delcious...better than salmon for sure. While they were spear fishing Tanner dropped his spear accidentally about 4o feet deep and somehow Devin was able to dive down and retrieve it. I didn't know I was married to someone with fish gills.

10 comments:

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

Devin, I cant believe you touched that fish. That is the grossest thing in the world to me. I worked at a restaurant that served Whole Moi and the fish was stretched out across the plate and it took me 3 days before I would hold the plate and serve it to the customers. I held it ten feet away from my body and I almost threw the plate when I would see the fish staring right at me with it's ugly EYEBALL!

You are brave.

Whit said...

Wow that is so cool! I wonder if you could ride a turtle...haha! I really think we're going to come in November. When Devon wakes up from his 3-going-on-four-hour nap I'm gonna see if we can go ahead and buy tickets! I found some that are Nov. 25 through Dec 3 at $649 each round trip. That's pretty good, right?

j,d and little b said...

Hahaha I gotta go with Jackie that fish looks naasstttaaayyyy

Anna K. said...

Wow, that's crazy he dove down so far. I can barely go 10 feet without my head feeling like it's gonna explode!

lindsey said...

Hey I was there when you were cooking it and it smelled dang good so nice work Devin! Im impressed!!

lindsey said...

PS
Shira I want to hang out!:)

Scott and Christie said...

Thats so awesome! So how did you like the Host? It's pretty good huh? I'm excited for the 4th book to come out in a couple of weeks!

Scott and Christie said...

Yes I have read all the books. It took me 1 week to read all three and that was during finals....bad on my part =) I'm reading Emily Giffon's books right now.

katie speed said...

sounds fun! your brother and you have similair smiles. cant wait to hang out soon... and have a beach day.

Dickson Family said...

Hey Shira, I finally updated my blog, check it out. I just talked to Mom and she is super upset about the wedding book, she feels super bad. What a brat Caroline is. So sorry, hopefully you get your book soon. At least you have a cd with your wedding photos so if your Dad gets his money back you can take the cd to a different studio and get a book. So lame that you even have to think about doing that. I will get her address to you as soon as I get it. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!