Sunday, August 24, 2008

Black Sand Beach (in Maui)

We found a cave!


Devin said it was bad luck, but I had to steal some of the black sand.



Black Sand Beach was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It was surrounded by black lava rocks covered in bright green plants. The contrast between the colors was just incredible! There were a lot of cool caves and Devin spotted a papaya tree and got one for us. This was one of our stops on the road to Hana on the East side of Maui.
Maui Wowwie- On the road to Hana after hiking to one of the waterfalls, Devin ran ahead to get the car and I hear him telling someone "No, but maybe she does." So when I walk by the person that he said that to, about 30 seconds later, a teenager asks me if I want to buy some "Maui wowwie". I said "I don't even know what that is." Then the teenager looked at me like I was from another planet and said "It's marijuana!" I declined his offer and just ran ahead to the car. Devin thought he was quite funny. We had a laugh once I got in the car.

3 comments:

Anna K. said...

Ha! Clever clever Devin!

Unknown said...

Your trip looked so fun. I want to go to the black sand beach!!

Whit said...

When I was in second grade we cruised down to Tijuana...my grandma gave us each $5 or $10 bucks to buy something. I decided I wanted a pretty necklace, so my mom helped me pick one. It had a single leaf on it. When I wore my pretty necklace to school the teacher confiscated it and called my mom in to meet with her. In the meeting she expressed her concerns about me wearing a "marijuana leaf necklace" to school! Have a laugh at THAT one!