Sunday, August 24, 2008

Road to Hana (in Maui)

We are under the waterfall at "Twin Falls"

There was tons of bamboo on one of our hikes to a waterfall. (above)

At this waterfall Devin climbed a muddy cliff to see the pool where the waterfall dropped. Despite his bribes, I stayed put and enjoyed the view without risking my life.


This is at the top of the waterfall at the Seven Sacred pools, (above) and below is near the bottom of it.


The road to Hana was by far the most incredible drive. We stopped at over 7 different waterfalls, all unique and beautiful! Of course Devin jumped off of a few of them. The road is about 52 miles long but usually takes about 3 hours because of all the hairpin turns and one-way bridges. It is so secluded and amazing! My favorite was the "Seven Sacred Pools" where we got to swim around. (In the bottom picture) This was the highlight of our Maui vacation!

2 comments:

Anna K. said...

I loved the road to Hana! Well I don't know so much about the drive, but the destination was awesome! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

j,d and little b said...

Seven Sacred Falls was my favorite too! It is soooo pretty! I am glad you got to go to another island and vacation!