Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friends Visit + Baby Update



Our friends Dan and Jonna from Hawaii are visiting the mainland along with their cute baby girl Brighton. Brighton was born about 2 weeks after we moved to the mainland so I thought I would never get to see her! I was so excited when I got a call from Jonna saying they were coming to the LA area for a few days!!! Yesterday we met up with them at Pedro's Tacos in San Clemente. We went to the rip curl outlet for some shopping and then Devin and Dan surfed T-Street. Brighton was such a good baby....the cutest thing was Brighton smiling for me. Jonna told me the trick was to talk in a really high voice and it worked within seconds. She had the most cute chubby cheeks and she really liked Devin, so naturally he loved her! We were so stoked to see Dan, Jonna, and Brighton and hope that they, along with all of our other Hawaii friends, (you know who you are) move to southern California someday!
Baby Update:
I began the 24th week of my pregnancy today.
The last week and a half I feel like my energy level is back and I am finally feeling normal, well almost.
My belly has been growing at a rapid pace! I'll have to post some belly shots soon!
The name we are thinking about is Maddox. We aren't for sure though.
He has been judo chopping me in the stomach like crazy lately.
My sister-in-law Natalie set a date for my baby shower...May 30th!
Just to remind everyone, the baby is due on my birthday June 29th.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Hi Shira, I know we only met briefly at Eliza's blessing, but Dave and I would love to have you and Devon over for dinner sometime. Are you still in Brea? Glad to hear your feeling better. I feel like the size of an elephant although I'm only 15 weeks! Its crazy all the changes in pregnancy!

Meg said...

Man I miss you guys! I am glad that you updated, but now I miss you more than ever. I can't wait to see you in May! Your belly is looking good, and your hair is sooo long! I am jealous that Dan and Jonna got to hang out with you guys. Oh and I LOVE the name Maddox!

lindsey said...

Oh! I could kind of see your belly under baby B! You are so cute. That is so fun you guys got to get together with Dan and Jonna. We miss you so much!

Love you guys!

j,d and little b said...

Shira I had soo much fun with you guys in Cali! I can't wait to see you again with little Maddox!

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

I am so glad that you have been able to see some of the babies so quick! And I am so glad you are feeling better. I cant wait to visit in the summer and let all of the babies meet each other. Miss you guys!