Thursday, September 11, 2008

Saturday Date




Last weekend we enjoyed the day in Waikiki. We went surfing, got lunch, went shopping, went to the movies, and ended with smoothies and ice cream. The waves were really big so I only surfed for about an hour and then read my book on the beach while Devin continued surfing. I finished reading "Animal Dreams" by Barbara Kingsolver. I recently started reading the first Harry Potter book. Everyone has recommended that I read them, so I finally took their advice. As we were walking along Waikiki we saw these two Macaw Parrots. They were so beautiful and there owner was nowhere in sight. They were just chilling and watching the ocean. I'm assuming they had an owner because their wings were clipped. Devin wanted me to move closer to them for a picture, but I was getting scared because they didn't look very friendly and they kept squawking at me. FUN times!

3 comments:

katie speed said...

kinda like the time you got to close to the monk seal on the beach... HA.

Taylor H. said...

you caught us...no fall semester. well I am actually taking a block class that starts in october but that's it. we will have to pile on for the spring i guess. We are getting home around Oct 6th and we can't wait!!!!

Whit said...

FUN!! You look so cute in that picture! And you only look a tiny bit nervous about the birds...but I wouldn't even get THAT close! I can't wait to be there with you guys! 73 days...Woohoo!