Thursday, January 15, 2009

Aloha Oe...Farewell Hawaii Friends!



Where do I begin? We moved to Hawaii in August of 2007 for Devin to go to BYU-H. The last thing we expected was to leave with the most amazing friends in the world. Sure, we'll miss the weather, the beach, the lifestyle...but nothing will compare to how much we will miss our friends. There were 6 couples that we loved to hang out with. They are the most fun, awesome, crazy, hilarious, generous, and nicest people we have ever met and it was so hard to leave Hawaii mainly because of them. About a week before flying home they threw us and "Aloha Oe" party, which is a Hawaiian farewell party. It was a surprise party so of course I happened to be wearing sweats and my ugg boots. Meg had put together a slideshow dvd that we all watched on a projector and they all went in on a photo book for us. We had dinner and played our favorite games. It was the nicest thing ever and we felt so loved.
Our fabulous friends:
Jackie & Chris
Meg & Corbin
Anna & Zane
Dan & Jonna
Lindsey & Seth
Katie & Brent
We love you guys and miss you soooo much!
Those 6 girls are the most amazing people in the world and I feel so blessed to have gotten to know them. Thank you all for being such good true friends to me and I hope I can be more like you all. I will miss the craft nights, the "desperate housewives" surf sessions, game room nights, barbeques, all day beach hangouts, watching "the office" and "the bachelor", soccer, and all of the other fun stuff we did!

6 comments:

The Tafuna Family said...

hey i saw that surfboard!! It was at the back of this house thats in front of my husbands aunty's house....if that makes sense. I guess your friends live there.
we miss you guys!!

j,d and little b said...

ummmm ok so you got me balling! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lindsey said...

I miss you Shira!!! Its just not the same with out you here:(

Meg said...

We miss you guys soooo much! It is really not the same without you guys! This post made my eyes water and my throat choke up! I don't know how we are going to survive without you guys!

Anna K. said...

Oh we miss you guys so so so much!

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

Ok....I am still in denial that you are gone. I seriously think that you are just at TVA throwing up and that is why you are not hanging out.


I still want to come clean your bathroom for you! I'll just do it when I come visit in July.